Friday 13 April 2012

Late, Lazy & Lacklustre - Day 12 of A - Z

I have to give my apologies for this poor showing in the A - Z section of 'L'.

I have but one reason, and I feel it's a justifiable one: my birthday. Today, I am two years closer to the big five-oh. And after seeing two clients at the clinic I rushed home to go to a local shopping outlet to try and purchase some training shoes - and I don't mean to fart about in, but to actually do training. Alas it was not meant to be, plus it was chilly, so I was in no mood to be mooching about a load of shops I had no interest in (yes, I'm well and truly on my way to being a grumpy old git).

So then home and change in order to go to friends of ours for a chill out, chit-chat and nosh up. After which I ended up fixing their pc *sigh*. And now here I am, with under an hour before my magical day ends and I turn into a pumpkin once more.

But by way of making up to you gorgeous, sexy, intelligent, witty, articulate and super cool blogites, here is a great tune from the film 'The Lost Boys' - apologies that it's just still images, but every clip has had the embedded option disabled :(


13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! There's a rule - if it's your birthday, you're excused....everything. Hope you have a lovely day and Congratulations!

Mark K said...

:) Thank you, Susan!

JoJo said...

Happy Birthday!

Amanda Heitler said...

The Doors? Be still my beating heart. I keep a complete set of Doors CDs in the car and drive around the Dales with Jim belting out "Roadhouse Blues". Great stuff.

Birthdays, smirthdays. Exercise that zen like discipline I've been cultivating for years. Ignore the numbers and enjoy the day.

Mark K said...

:D

Mark K said...

Oh, trust me - age is just a number to me - inside I'm still as I was back when I was 24... it's just my body takes a little more convincing these days ;)

Kate OMara said...

Happy Birthday! We're entitled to be grumpy, so long as we do it in a funny way. :)
Loved the Lost Boys I thought Keifer was to die for! Alas, gravity has done it's work on all of us.
Kate
Follow & A to Z Visit http://whenkateblogs.blogspot.com/

Mark K said...

LOL... cheeky! I don't recall mentioning gravity? What are you inferring, madam? That I have noobs that have gone south? Hehehe... I think if you knew what I did for a living you might understand my amusement by your comment ;)

Mark K said...

Damn predictive text - I typed in 'moobs' and it replaced it with 'noobs'!

Wayne Assiratti said...

Buon Compleanno!
There, I did it in Italian for you. Many happy returns!

Mark K said...

Mucho appreciato, Wayneski :)

Mina Lobo said...

Belated wishes for a very happy birthday, Mark! Sorry I missed you on the very day!

Some Dark Romantic

Mark K said...

No problem goth-pie, just cool that you're taking time out to comment :)