Friday 12 October 2012

Beautiful film, beautiful song

When it comes to films I find my increasing age does one of several things, or in some instances all of them at once:

  1. Makes me very fussy/cynical/critical, more than I ought to be.
  2. Makes me weep at the drop of a hat if it is the slightest bit emotionally absorbing.
  3. Makes me wish I could write a film script of my own.
But one film that I adore, encapsulates a plethora of elements than makes my heart race, my soul soar and my spirit weep, if for no other reason but the sheer beauty of some of the set scenes. So imagine my joy at finding this brilliant video on YouTube, combined with a song that just makes me blub.

It's a story of adventure, love, betrayal and loss.

The film is, 'House of Flying Daggers' and the song is, 'Can't Cry Hard Enough ', by Bellefire. When combined as they are, the effect is profound (and if you haven't got the slightest hint of a moist eye at the end, then you're a hard bastard).

I hope you enjoy :)

5 comments:

Jeremy [Retro] said...

i am a hard bastard... okay just a little whimper... great film, wonderful score... and song.

Jeremy [Retro] said...

i wanted to thank you... i ended up listening to the score and it is just epic...

Mark K said...

More than welcome, sir :)

Hannah said...

Doomed love :(

Mark K said...

As the sun will shine and the stars sparkle, love is eternal for the true of heart as will pass on from one lifetime to the next, even though the body dies, love is reborn like the body anew. And this is why we have 'love at first sight'; the meeting of lovers reunited from past lives.