Thursday 31 January 2013

TLC... please?

Click on the picture for a closer view.
Yesterday, our 7 year old gal, Darcy had a suspected mast cell growth removed from her side. I hate to see her like this, but hopefully it will come back as all good, meaning not malignant.

So here she is resting up with her pussy cat BFF, Eve, hogging the free half of Darcy's bed. Thank goodness Darcy is chilled enough not to warrant one of those damned light shades around her neck. So gentle walks and no chasing her ball, plus lots of tender loving care. Oh, to be a dog.

8 comments:

JoJo said...

Poor Darcy!!!!! Give her a snuggle from us!

Mark K said...

Will do, Jojo, she'll appreciate any and all hugs - guaranteed ;)

Maria Zannini said...

Poor baby! I had a rottie who came down with mast cell. She went through chemo and we also put her on a high protein/high fat diet that I cooked everyday. (Tumors grow more rapidly on carbs.)

She did great. Dogs handle chemo much better than humans. Even after she recovered I never went back to feeding her kibble.

Good luck. And a kiss for Darcy. I know she's in good hands.

Mark K said...

Thank you Maria, your words are very much appreciated, and this evening Darcy was being more herself, which is always a good indicator.

Claudia Zurc said...

OH, poor Darcy! I'll say a prayer for her and send her good vibes her way. I wish her a speedy recovery :)

Mark K said...

Thank you, Claudia. So good to see you here again :)

Elise Fallson said...

Oh, poor sweet thing. I hope the results turn out okay and she recovers quickly. Hugs, *gently* for Darcy. (:

Shannon Lawrence said...

Aw, poor Darcy! I hate when my critters are in discomfort. She looks like a sweet girl. I had to laugh at the cat. I had an orange tabby and was dog-sitting my parents' pomeranian. My cat hogged the bed, and the dog sat next to it. They finally just became snuggle-buddies. I think they missed each other when Joey went home.

I hope she heals well and quickly.

Shannon at The Warrior Muse