Wednesday 11 December 2013

The Prodigal Son Returns

Well, tonight we get our internet back - midnight UK to be precise - but writing this I am using a freebie wifi hotspot at an amazing 2.6Mb download speed ( I can almost feel the speed whipping at my hair! ).

I hope those of you who are regular visitors to my blog haven't given up on me, and I also hope you have all been well and life has been kind to you all during my time away in the nether sphere?

It's been a pretty shitty time really - the hurried and stress-loaded move, moving in with my wife's parents, then Tim, my wife's father falling ill and being hospitalised, and very sadly passing away a couple of weeks ago. I had keyhole surgery on my right shoulder the day before the funeral so was unable to help carry his coffin, for which I was truly gutted, but I wrote him a poem and had the honour to read it out in the service.

Hopefully, 2014 will be a better year all round, not just for my wife and her family, but everyone else I know who have experienced similar stresses and strains during 2013. My thoughts are with you all and I'm looking forward to returning to regular blogging and harassing you all with my video music picks and inane drivel.

Peace and love,

Mark x

2 comments:

Deborah Walker said...

Sorry to hear that, Mark. My thoughts are with you, your wife and all your family. Let's hope 2014 brings better times.

Jeremy [Retro] said...

i am truly sorry for all the madness and sadness... i send you out any word that might bring you comfort. of course it won't be swell, you stay strong and let's cross our fingers for a much better, brighter 2014. only the most respect to you and your family!