Tuesday 7 January 2014

New Year, New Discovery

Hopefully by now, those of you who drop in on a semi-regular basis will know I have a love of things fantasy/sci-fi, especially concept artwork. This morning whilst browsing my resurrected FaceBook page I discovered a lady sculptor by the name of Nicole West. She creates absolutely stunning figures from clay. The detail is amazing and beautiful, almost to the point of being jaw-dropping (but that could just be my own personal reaction).

To whet your appetite, the image below is of one of her pieces from the her gallery site, the link to which I will include below this picture. this piece is entitled Carnivale Courtesan. I hope you'll agree on my thoughts regarding the beautiful detail and workmanship of Nicole West's work.

Copyright © Nicole West ~ pbase.com
If you wish to view more of these amazing sculptures pop along to the gallery HERE, and you can look her up on FaceBook under 'Nicole West Fantasy Art'. Enjoy :)

13 comments:

Elise Fallson said...

Wow. Amazing.

Mark K said...

They are rather, aren't they :)

Unknown said...

I am not sure the place youre getting your information, however great topic. I must spend a while finding out much more or figuring out more. Thank you for magnificent information I was looking for this info for my mission.
Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

Mark K said...

Glad to be of service, and thank you for stopping by the hearth. I hope to see you here again some time :)

Cursed Armada said...

This is actually funny but I've been a huge fan of these clay sculptures for a while. I actually tried my hand at making a "OOAK" doll. It was an interesting topic talking to my wife about it. I was trying to make a fairy and obviously that's not the most masculine of activities but thankfully she's still around! It's actually a LOT harder than it looks, but there is a whole community worldwide that are really into these OOAK dolls. BTW if you like concept art, you should check out my facebook page. It's called "The Fantasy Tavern" and I have a plethora of cool concept art.

Mark K said...

Hey, thanks for the drop in :)

Somehow I picture you sculpting a Viking, or a dragon maybe... But a faerie!? Pardon my ignorance, but what does OOAK stand for?

Following your FB page, and you were right, exactly the sort of thing I like. Cheers for that :)

Cursed Armada said...

"OOAK" stands for One of a Kind. Google it and you'll find a ton of other pictures. Yeah, probably should have started with an Orc or something like that lol

Elizabeth Twist said...

Incredible. It took me a while to believe the picture you've embedded wasn't a cute model. (Happy 2014!)

Mark K said...

As you say, they are incredible. Nice to see you here again :)

PK HREZO said...

Hi Mark!
Wow that's clay?? Amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Jeremy [Retro] said...

dig the magical stuff... too! thank you for the great art of clay!

Mark K said...

To PK: I couldn't believe it either. Sculpting skills to blow your mind. Glad you liked it.

Jeremy: Oh, imagine the possibilities if clay golems were a reality - you could make the perfect female *ducks for cover!*

Deborah Walker said...

I thought it was real, too. What skill the artist has. Lovely work.