Saturday 21 May 2016

Music Feature - 65daysofstatic


© copyright 2016 Mark Kelly.

People who know me and know me fairly well are familiar with my love of pc games and eclectic musical tastes. Here I combine both.

First I shall introduce a British band by the name of 65daysofstatic, and by clicking on the name you will be taken to their website.
Formed in Sheffield, UK back in 2001, described as ' heavy, progressive, guitar-driven instrumental post-rock, interspersed with live drums ' - the rest you can read on the wiki entry HERE.

Approached by Hello Games, 65dos were asked if they would like to get involved with the project otherwise known as ' No Man's Sky ', and have produced a procedurally generated soundtrack for the game - which, I believe, could be the first of its kind? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

The music fits in beautifully with the game visual and adds to the atmosphere wonderfully. I, for one, am looking forward to exploring this vast, procedurally generated universe, whilst listening to the fantastic music along the way. The video below is so clever in using Rutger Hauer for the voice over as an homage to Blade Runner and that classic end-of-film dialogue that begins with, "I've seen things..." Brilliant.

So, will you join me in No Man's Sky?

No comments: